- I recently picked up a new devotional book entitled "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. Its my first week with it, and already I am moved. The entries are short and sweet and come with a few scripture references.... exactly what I need!
- I wanted to share what Monday's reading was:
- Come to me with your plans held in abeyance. Worship me in spirit and in truth, allowing My Glory to permeate your entire being. Trust Me enough to let Me guide you through this day, accomplishing My purposes in My timing. Subordinate your myriad plans to My Master Plan. I am sovereign over every aspect of your life!
- The challenge continually before you is to trust Me and search for My way through each day. Do not blindly follow your habitual route, or you will miss what I have prepared for you. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. John 4:24; Isaiah 55:8-9
- The timing of this devotional for me was amazing.
- This week has been interesting and involves patience. I can't go into detail right now, however there is a situation that looks hopefull for us, it requires more patience than I think I have. Although when I look at the timing of things really, I mean really with open eyes, I know that waiting for that said time, really would be ideal for our family. In fact, everything about the whole situation is quite ideal Steve will hopefully be home full time then and that would of course make life easier. But waiting is not an easy thing. If I knew it were a sure thing, I maybe could lie and say I can wait that long, however, I know that even then, I would not be as patient as He has called me to be.
- In the mean time, I am drawn to a more immediate situation. I am waiting for a phone call today to see what is happening with that. And then I read this devotional. I can't help but feel called to the wait. I don't want to miss God's plan for us. I don't want to let impatience screw up what He has orchestrated. And yet, I know, that His plan will come to pass. No matter what I may be doing.
- So, this is my prayer request: Patience for me, clarity for difficult decisions, patience for me, understanding for our children, the child(ren) no matter who or where they may be, patience. ( That is my struggle-- can you tell?!)
- Thanks for checking in!