Thursday, April 30, 2009
I mentioned in my last post that our homestudy had been submitted. I did hear back that those children have been placed in a permanent home now. It was disappointing, but, we know that God's plan is so much greater than we can imagine and we will continue to wait on Him. In the mean time.... I think I need a dog. I talk to myself a lot when I am home during the day!If that happens, we will be sure to let you know! Steve is ready to adopt as many kids as necessary, but doesn't like the thought of a dog!!
Posted by alicia at 10:18 PM
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I went to school with Maicy to make Green Eggs and Ham. I love Green Eggs and ham, Sam I am!
At this point I emailed those pics to Steve who replied that I was not adjusting to both kids being in school full time, so I needed to go along with them. There may be some truth to that... It's okay, I am not too proud to say it. And any mom who has been where I am now, would agree. ;)
We celebrated our baby turning 6 years old. She had a Gigi themed birthday. For those who don't know, Gigi is a character by Sheila Walsh, and she is God's little Princess. We love her books!
Before the birthday, we celebrated Easter. Here are the kids all dressed up in the morning, and then freezing searching for Easter eggs. Next year, we will get them fancy new winter coats and snowpants for Easter!
- I guess that's all. This has been a very busy month around here, not all of it caught on camera, and some is, just didn't get posted. So, I apologize for not updating more. The truth of the matter is, as far as the adoption process we really have nothing to update. I think our homestudy has been sent to an adoption worker, but, there is a communication gap with our agency, so I don't know for sure. I thank you for your prayers, and we will update as soon as anything happens!
- In the meantime, we really are doing well. The kids are adjusting to Steve working out of town, they are playing soccer-- in 30 mph winds which is just so much fun for me freezing my rear off! (if that really worked, oh, wouldn't that be great!) I am keeping busy-- albeit by following my kids to school--and we are experiencing nothing but peace right now.
- I know that we are in God's plan and that He hasn't forgotten about us. He knows our desires, and He knows our needs. We will wait on Him.
- Thanks for stopping in! I am now off to clean and organize the toy room! (see, I am very busy!)
Posted by alicia at 10:57 AM
Friday, April 3, 2009
- I have to thank you all so much for the wonderful verses that you have shared with me! Your time and encouragement is greatly appreciated. Your words are perfect. And yes, I really wrote them down and have names of the people who shared them on the cards so each time I read them, I remember to say a prayer of gratitude for you in my life.
- Last night ( after I was told that it's time to update again! Seriously, I have little "inspriration here but since one person asked... you all suffer!) I thought about what to share with you. What kept popping in my head was the old car safety ad "You can learn a lot from a dummy" So, I will share what I have learned and you too can learn from this dummy! I am in awe of the words that people found and how fitting they are. I am definately delving into Isaiah closer this week and it has been great for me. Anyway here are some verses shared with me. I didn't include the ones from the comment section since you can check those out yourselves.
- In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9
- Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlege Him, and He will direct you paths. Proverbs 2: 5-6
- Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more then all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Ephesians 3:20-21
- And then, after all of this, I looked up. At my wall. Oh yeah, that verse that I see each and everyday. I love it. And I still couldn't have told you correctly where it was found without looking at it. I knew it was a Psalm, and I know what it says.
- Be still and know that I am God.
- I need to stop fretting and worrying and trying to make it all happen.
- I need to be still.
- God is God and He is the One who will make things happen.
- I will wait, and listen, and pray.
- He will do.
- I will be still.
Posted by alicia at 8:34 AM