Friday, April 3, 2009

Be Still

  • I have to thank you all so much for the wonderful verses that you have shared with me! Your time and encouragement is greatly appreciated. Your words are perfect. And yes, I really wrote them down and have names of the people who shared them on the cards so each time I read them, I remember to say a prayer of gratitude for you in my life.
  • Last night ( after I was told that it's time to update again! Seriously, I have little "inspriration here but since one person asked... you all suffer!) I thought about what to share with you. What kept popping in my head was the old car safety ad "You can learn a lot from a dummy" So, I will share what I have learned and you too can learn from this dummy! I am in awe of the words that people found and how fitting they are. I am definately delving into Isaiah closer this week and it has been great for me. Anyway here are some verses shared with me. I didn't include the ones from the comment section since you can check those out yourselves.
  • In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9
  • Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlege Him, and He will direct you paths. Proverbs 2: 5-6
  • Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more then all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Ephesians 3:20-21
  • And then, after all of this, I looked up. At my wall. Oh yeah, that verse that I see each and everyday. I love it. And I still couldn't have told you correctly where it was found without looking at it. I knew it was a Psalm, and I know what it says.
  • Be still and know that I am God.
  • I need to stop fretting and worrying and trying to make it all happen.
  • I need to be still.
  • God is God and He is the One who will make things happen.
  • I will wait, and listen, and pray.
  • He will do.
  • I will be still.

No comments: