Friday, January 29, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
I am in need of some sunshine. I am in need of good news. I am in need of a day off - or two.( yes I realize that the number of days I work outside of the home are technically far less than the days I am at home, but that doesn't seem to be the reality!) I am in need of some motivation!
This dreary long cold winter that keeps us house bound is wearing me down. One would think that with all of these snow days (or ice days as it was today) one would accomplish a lot in the house! But no. I have just been lazy, and subsequently crabby. And of course it worsens when my husband is gone, which he is- again. I know, its a good thing, off to find work. Work is now found- which is great news. But I am still crabby.
Just ask my kids. We are bored with each other. Finally today it was deemed "everyone to their own rooms before mommy goes completly crazy!) Then I felt guilt and told them to come out and paint a picture. Which was a sunshiney picture- but I am still crabby.
Looks like I am going to be crabby right now, and I promise not to show my face here again until I am un-crabby.
(and in case I wasn't crabby enough, the picture I keep trying to upload is disappearing every time I open the file its in!Okay, I'm done now!)
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
- I have to say, nothing will brighten your sub-zero dwelling, 3 feet of snow cover (with higher drifts) wind blown, school cancelled- again! day more than seeing that you have received a "Happy 101" award from a great blog buddy, Melissa, from Full Circle. She is an amazing woman of God who has opened her heart and home to foster children and has most definitely improved many lives in the process. Not only by her caring for the children, but her sharing of life, love and laughter along the way. Stop over there and check her out!
- The means by which I can accept this award of course cause me to reflect. About happiness and pass it on to others who make me happy or others happy. Not a problem! So, write 10 things that make you happy and try to do at least one today! Then, give this award to 10 bloggers who make you happy - and make sure you tell them to come collect their award! If you receive the award, don't forget to link back to the one who gave it to you!
What makes me happy? Here goes nothing!
- My Kids - they make me laugh, cry, and cringe- I wouldn't have it any other way!
- My Hubby- he always makes me happy, but more so now as he is back home every night!
- My Bloggy Buddies - friendships born out of this crazy thing called the Internet- who knew?!
- My IRL friends -- I wouldn't survive anything without them!
- Reading (okay- stalking) other bloggers
- My church- its a great place to go and feel connected and re-energized!
- Reading books, curled up with a blanket by the fire... perfection
- Snow- yes, snow still makes me happy
- Cooking for friends and family
- Game night with the family
Okay, now for the blogs that make me happy!
- Faith Imagined
- Bina's Pad
- Holly's Creative Creations
- Steph's Here
- Heavenly Humor
- Training For Life...Walking with God
- A Life Outside the Box
- Nicole Baart
- Sweetest Pea
- The Big Mama Blog
Okay! Congratulations to you winners, if your name is listed, go ahead and accept the award at your blog and pay it forward. If you are reading this, go check out these amazing blogs as well!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
I am reposting this from this June. I don't know if some of you already read this or not, but, I think its worth looking back at. It has been a stormy season around here in many lives, and I feel as though this is a good encourager. I really am working on another post, but God is having me wait until I have it all right so I don't try to kick it out in a hurry. In the mean time, enjoy this oldie, but goodie.
- Last night as I tucked my kids into bed it was beginning to storm. They knew it was lightening and thundering, so they chose to sleep in the basement-- they don't sleep so well with the house rattling! Go figure, and if I can get sleep without 4 extra arms and 4 extra legs in my bed, then I will be doing well also.
- As I was tucking Maicy in and she said her prayers, part of her prayer was, "that the storms may go good." Realizing she is only 6, I know that she didn't think her prayer was so profound, it just was her prayer, but it really struck me at the time. She didn't pray that the storms will go away, or that they just not be here, but since they have to be here, let them go well.
- How often in our lives do we just pray for the "storms" to go away. We don't want them, we don't want to deal with the scary parts, or the clean up later. Please God, just take away this storm so I don't have to go through this. But, God doesn't promise that there will be no storms in our lives, what He does assure us is that He will be there with us, through that storm and will be there with us to help us on the other side.
- We all go through storms in our life. For some its sickness, for some it is financial hardships, divorce, infertility, adoption stresses, colicky babies, children living in abuse have their own storms, and there are so many more storms that God asks us to weather. Paul asked- begged- God take away the thorn in his flesh, but God's answer was "no." What God did instead was give him grace. God walked through Paul's storm with him.
- How a storm goes well is not always so clear either. We don't always end up on the other side of the storm where we wanted it to go. Our loved one still dies, the divorce still happens, the adoption is failed, etc. Does that mean it didn't go well? I don't believe so. I think if we can come through the storm clinging on to our Lord and come out knowing that He is still Lord and God is still in control and that He still loves us, and we still have Hope in our lives, then the storm has gone well.
- Praying for you all as you may be enduring your own storms right now, and praying that your storms will go good.