Monday, December 28, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Every year, (for at least one year!) I find the bloggy Christmas Tour of Homes, usually hosted by Boo Mama, this year by the Nester, and love it! So, here is my own little tour. And because I am so good at technology, these pictures appear in no particular order.
My cute little Kitchen Tree. I love the little muffin pans, rolling pins and wooden spoons! So much fun!
Monday, December 7, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Here are some other things I am thankful for this week:
- Health!! ( a huge one as I had two very sick children to start the week, lots of laundry!)
- A husband - I had to take care of them myself this one time, and I am so grateful that I am not always doing this alone. My heart goes out to single parents!
- Snuggles - kids are so snuggly when they are sick, can't get enough of that. Even if there is a bucket between us. :(
- A shower- yes, it was a huge blessing to be granted time to shower after not being able to leave my baby's side for more than a minute!
- Food- so much food is being prepared for tomorrow, we are blessed beyond measure
- Family and Friends- we get to host a large group and I couldn't be happier! You can never have too many people at the holidays! (unless you don't like any of them of course, and well, then I am sorry for you!)
- Church - I can't wait for tomorrow's service. The Thanksgiving service at Immanuel is always a favorite.
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, and if you have no one to share the day with, come on over! We'll have plenty of food!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
- Through World Vision you have the opportunity to spend the same, if not less as you would normally on gifts, yet change someones life forever. You can buy a goat and feed and nourish a family and offer them some income. You could give to the Maximum Impact Fund, and still receive some beautiful gifts for your donation. Something as basic as water is something that you can give. ( I am not sure what happened with my links here, but as I added pics, I goofed it up! Hope they still get you where they should! If not, I will go back and fix them later!)
- If that isn't for you, fine... here are some other great ideas...
- Have coffee drinkers on your list? Buy them some coffee from Ethiopia and support an adoption! Here is the story of Jim and Adrienne who after 2, count that 2! disrupted US adoptions, are now adopting from South Korea. They need to raise money for that... she describes how you can help, simply by purchasing company from this awesome place!
- There is also, Aaron and Nicole Baarts personal organization, One Body, One Hope which is selling calendars, t-shirts and homemade goats milk soap, for a steal I might add!
- And one more way, I think is a great way to teach your children about helping others is purchasing gifts for organizations such as Angel Tree, Salvation Army, or whatever local charities you may have. If possible, check into delivering these gifts as a family. I know it has made a huge impact in my own children's lives. It helps them to appreciate what they do receive each year, and it reminds them to take time to pray for those who aren't as blessed as they are.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
- The rules: 1) To accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link. 2) Pass the award to other bloggers that you have recently discovered and think are great! Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
- I am giving this to Mom with Many names Because if anyone fits that description, it is her!
- And over at Full Circle, Melissa is also very deserving of this award.
Go ahead and check out those amazing women, and thanks for letting me air my insecurities to you all! ;)