Wednesday, September 22, 2010

But I don't wanna

Do you ever have that moment....

that one where you're called to do something you don't want to?

Do you give God this?

"I just don't want to?!"

Followed possibly by a ...
"Oh. Wait. What?"

Here are some verses that I'm trying to swallow when I hear those gentle nudges and I'm tempted to say "ugh, but I don't wanna"

1 John 5:2-3 (New International Version)
This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome

1 John 5:2-3 (The Message)
. The reality test on whether or not we love God's children is this: Do we love God? Do we keep his commands? The proof that we love God comes when we keep his commandments and they are not at all troublesome.

8 comments:

Bina said...

You must've been in cahoots with God this morning as He sent me to Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me Lord, Lord and not do what I say?"

So I read this and say...Nope. Never been there.

;0)

Love you!!

Marissa said...

love the post :) made me smile and say, wow I've been there!

Diane said...

Love those pictures..... and yes I am all kinds of attitude at times. I had a big pout/cry fit yesterday as a matter of fact! :O)

Rachel said...

I know that feeling. For sure. Thanks for the verses!

Karen said...

Love those pics-worth a thousand words! Yes, oh, yes...I can be very stubborn. Thanks for this reminder.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Ah, yes. I've had many years of practicing the look, the attitude, the innocent "You didn't mean that, right?" Now I'm trying to practice the "do it the first time with a good attitude mode." It's less painful in the long run.

Deborah Ann said...

You know, I find that the more time I spend with God, the less I find myself doing what He commanded - because the things I do He does command, but to this fragile heart they are more like a gentle whisper, a longing to please Him. These are not commands to me, but steps on a joyful path to His Heart!

Duane Scott said...

Well... those pictures illustrated me perfectly.

Thanks Alicia.. for encouraging me.