- Early Poppers- What does that first kernel of popcorn know that the rest of them don't? I think this just speaks tremendously of faith. Some of us, jump right in anxious to see what God has in store for us. Others, we want to wait and see what happens to everyone else before we just go ahead and pop, and then, the rest, hang on until that very last moment and beg God to help us and give Him complete control over our lives.
- How can we be alive and be unhappy? Just the fact that you are alive, offers HOPE!
- Whatever I blame in this life, I give my power away to. But seriously, it wasn't my fault, it was so and so's fault. They got in my way, they made me mad, the traffic was there just to make my day worse. By continuing that inner dialogue, we give our power away to whatever it is that we think is the problem.
- What is, IS. That's it. It just is. We can say, "there should have been no traffic" "we should have bought that house instead" "I should have been with that person" There are no "Should haves" because it is, you can't change that it is. Or was. My favorite line from Dr Lew is " You can should all over the place, but it doesn't change what is!" (say it out loud now. Yeah, that's what it's supposed to sound like)
- Remember when you look at your spouse, that there was a time you would have done anything to get/keep him/her. I love that. I think I need to put that on my bathroom mirror!
- Today is the most important day of my life! It is the only one I can shape now!
I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into the motivation offered up by Dr. Lew. He is one of those few people who can make you laugh and cry all at the same time.
Sorry, it took me so long to get back at it. I think there are 2 or 3 of you who I have inconvenienced by not writing anything. ;)
God is Good, All the Time!