Friday, January 15, 2010

Helping Hands

UPDATE: Because I realize that is virtually no time to get to the PW site, I am continuing my offer of $3/comment if you go to her site and comment. But if you arrived here too late to hear about it, leave a comment of well wishes to Haiti and I will donate $2 a comment to Mission Haiti from now until Sunday at 12 noon CST or we reach 50 comments, whichever occurs first. Thanks! (is this clear as mud?!)
I have to share this with you all because its one of the easiest ways to give to Haiti right now!
If you want to help and are financially feeling that pinch, its okay. This is the way to go! Ree at Pioneer Woman is giving 10 cents to Haiti for every comment she receives on this post. And at random will select 2 entries to give $500 to their choice of Haiti causes. So, go ahead and leave a comment, say a prayer, and know that you helped. And to encourage all to do that, I am saying that to those here who go to Ree and leave a comment, come and tell me in the comments and I will add $3 for each comment to our donation to Mission Haiti.
YOU HAVE UNTIL NOON TODAY, so hurry up!

9 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

No worries, it's clear. Blessings on your compassionate heart.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Perfectly clear. And perfectly beautiful idea. God bless you, Alicia!

And did you see Pam's news from Mission-Haiti???? Kiki texted: YES, I'M ALIVE.

Melissa said...

Alicia.. you truly have a heart of gold! Prayers for our brothers and sisters in Haiti.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! My heart aches for everyone affected by the devastation but is filled with joy to see so many helping! I am off to check out these links!

Sheri said...

I am visiting from Full Circle as Melissa asked her readers to stop by and leave their wishes and prayers for the people of Haiti.

The other day in my Intuition Through Tarot class, we selected three very strong cards for the people of Haiti and said a prayer.

The past card was The Tower, which is symbolic of destruction and shows a building crumbling to the ground.

The current card was The Strength card, to help bring healing and strength to the people and the workers who are helping...and to the entire world.

The future card was The Star, a card of inspiration and hope.

May the people of Haiti hear our special prayers and find healing and peace.

Anonymous said...

I'm also visiting from Melissa's blog.
Thinking about all the people in Haiti!!!

Lucy

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

Popped over from Melissa's blog. Great thing you are doing! I have friends who work in the Salvation Army & Compassion International. They are most appreciative for any & all help given, regardless of venue.

Deborah Ann said...

This is so sweet of you. I feel just terrible that I didn't know who you were when you emailed. I hope you can forgive me!

alicia said...

Thanks everyone for your comments! Mission Haiti will be building a new orphanage soon and every little bit helps!
God Bless!