Monday, January 11, 2010

Happiness

  • I have to say, nothing will brighten your sub-zero dwelling, 3 feet of snow cover (with higher drifts) wind blown, school cancelled- again! day more than seeing that you have received a "Happy 101" award from a great blog buddy, Melissa, from Full Circle. She is an amazing woman of God who has opened her heart and home to foster children and has most definitely improved many lives in the process. Not only by her caring for the children, but her sharing of life, love and laughter along the way. Stop over there and check her out!
  • The means by which I can accept this award of course cause me to reflect. About happiness and pass it on to others who make me happy or others happy. Not a problem! So, write 10 things that make you happy and try to do at least one today! Then, give this award to 10 bloggers who make you happy - and make sure you tell them to come collect their award! If you receive the award, don't forget to link back to the one who gave it to you!

What makes me happy? Here goes nothing!

  1. My Kids - they make me laugh, cry, and cringe- I wouldn't have it any other way!
  2. My Hubby- he always makes me happy, but more so now as he is back home every night!
  3. My Bloggy Buddies - friendships born out of this crazy thing called the Internet- who knew?!
  4. My IRL friends -- I wouldn't survive anything without them!
  5. Reading (okay- stalking) other bloggers
  6. My church- its a great place to go and feel connected and re-energized!
  7. Reading books, curled up with a blanket by the fire... perfection
  8. Snow- yes, snow still makes me happy
  9. Cooking for friends and family
  10. Game night with the family

Okay, now for the blogs that make me happy!

  1. Faith Imagined
  2. Bina's Pad
  3. Holly's Creative Creations
  4. Steph's Here
  5. Heavenly Humor
  6. Training For Life...Walking with God
  7. A Life Outside the Box
  8. Nicole Baart
  9. Sweetest Pea
  10. The Big Mama Blog

Okay! Congratulations to you winners, if your name is listed, go ahead and accept the award at your blog and pay it forward. If you are reading this, go check out these amazing blogs as well!

6 comments:

Bina said...

And you just made my Monday morning more wonderful!! Thanks for this...will not clutter your comment section with "thank you" speeched to all the little people in my life who made this possible...a-hem! Really tho - you humble me and make me smile today, and every day!

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your #5...as I resemble that remark a bit too much! :)

Much warm love to you my still popsicled friend!
Bina

alicia said...

Go ahead and gush, my friend! You have earned it! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great list! Have a great week with all your happy things :O)

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Waving "hello" to you, Iowa girl.

(From me, another Iowa girl.)

I'm in the northwest corner. And you?

alicia said...

Thanks Diane, glad you stopped in!

Jennifer- I am also a NW Iowa gal! Sioux County! I will check your place out! ;)

Deborah Ann said...

Thanks Alicia! I'm so happy about the happiness award, happy happy happy... (smile)