Today, I need to get back to my blessings. I was planning to do a weekly post on blessings on the week, and then let it go last week. Not because I didn't have any, I was just being lazy if you really must know. :)
So, this week I knew I had to do it. I challenged myself and I think its an important challenge. Little did I know that I would be handed some circumstances that really made me not want to come up with a gratitude list. But then I remember a sermon a few years back on Thanksgiving. Praise God from Whom ALL Blessings flow.
All Blessings- even those we don't want to count as blessings. We need to praise Him.
So, here I am.
This past week in blessings:
- Steve made it home safely from China. That was a long week, despite me being used to him being gone, I didn't like him being that far gone with that little communication.
- Parent Teacher conferences are this week- I won't have ours until tonight, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that they will be a blessing. Our school is such a blessing to our family, I can't help but be grateful.
- Due to number 2, NO SCHOOL on FRIDAY! YEAH for long weekends! Especially when we get to go away and therefore we will ....
- Skip hockey Saturday morning! I know, I shouldn't be so happy, but when you have to be leave home by 7:30 on Saturday mornings, you cherish a day to just sleep in or hang out in your pj's drinking coffee until lunch time. (no, that won't happen, but its a lovely thought...)
- Friends to have lunch with, talk on the phone with, email, and text until our thumbs hurt. I don't really know what I'd do without them. Its only a small handful, but what I lack in quantity, I make up for in quality.
- Veterans. I can't even express properly the gratitude to all of our veterans and their families. Theirs is a sacrafice that I can't repay. Many blessings to those fine men and women.
What blessings have you experienced this week?