Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just a quick hello...

Just wanted to drop a quick note to everyone so you didn't think I dropped off the face of the earth. Steve and I picked up the girls on Friday and it has been busy, busy, busy ever since! I think today I finally feel comfortable in a routine of sorts. We even made it to church on time with me alone getting 3 girls and 1 boy ready (okay, so I only had to tell Jackson to get ready and that was done, but still!) Steve had to go back to NE on Saturday morning already, so Saturday, I was more than a little overwhelmed. (read: crying uncontrollably through out the day) Today he was home by 1:30 so it was much better. Not to mention we had lunch at a friends house before that, which was soooo appreciated! Thanks guys! I know we have lots of adjustment periods ahead of us, but honestly, the girls have done very well considering they are now living with perfect strangers and new people are constantly around. This afternoon was pretty low key and I think gave me good hope that we will indeed be able to do this. And yes, I have had my doubts. Just keep praying for us, I really need Steve around and this is where his job right now is very stressful for all of us. He wants to be here also, and to commute too much in one week just exhausts him - understandably so. So, That is us for now, we are still here, just busy trying to get used to everyone! We'll update again soon! Alicia

2 comments:

Today is full of joy said...

we're praying for a smooth transition Jen

Alissa Schuiteman said...

Alicia, I was at a gathering last night and we prayed for your situation (not by name). I hope all is going well and you can feel a little peace and assurance of the wonderful thing that you are providing for those girls.

Alissa