Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Pearl!

Today is my grandmother's 92 birthday.
I love this woman.
I think these pictures are from Thanksgiving last year. Do you know, this is just the way she has always looked?! I don't know why I find that comforting that this is the only way I know my grandma.
Let me tell you a little bit about her.
  • She is a Christian first and foremost. She will never let you wonder or doubt that.
  • She loves her family more than anything-except God- you will never doubt that either
  • She has had a hard life, but her faith remained pure
  • She grew up during the Depression
  • She lost her husband on their 25th wedding anniversary
  • She has 5 children - all with in an hour's drive of her-- she loves to tell you that!
  • My Daddy is her baby- and her only boy- he was spoiled- everyone else will tell you that!
  • I was spoiled by her too!
  • She babysat me more than I can ever remember and we had great times. We played Aggravation for hours and hours. Then I taught her Go Fish. I won a lot, but that's only because I was better, right?!
  • Whenever I see cookies and cream ice cream from Schwann's I think of her.
  • Every year on her birthday we go to a local park to celebrate- I don't remember ever being rained out- tonight looks great too!
  • I could tell you so much more about her, but I won't. I want to save some of it for her 93rd Birthday! ;)
  • Happy Birthday Grandma Pearl! Thank you for being a faithful servant of the Lord and for loving all of us and praying for us. We love you!
  • Proverbs 31:28 Her children rise up and call her blessed. Her husband also and he praises her. "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all."

No comments: