Monday, August 9, 2010

Following the Path

Last week I finally had the privilege of using our rider mower. I have never in my life ridden a rider mower and I will admit that I was nervous. This is a zero-turn mower that takes a little more coordination to make go where you want. My crash course was quite comical as my husband just shook his head.

But the day finally came when I decided I felt ready to start it up alone and get the job done.

As I mowed along, I attempted to follow along the green paths. Crooked lines with sharp jags surprised me reminding me of the sneeze that made me jerk right, or trying to get my cell phone out of my pocket that caused a sharp left. The bug swatting that left a zig-zag reminiscent of Charlie Brown's shirt.

As I attempted to find my path each time around, I couldn't help but think of the path our family has gone on this past year. Zigs and zags, sharp lefts left in our wake caused by unexpected things around us, or just not holding on tight enough.

I can't see the path clearly all the time, but I know its there. I can't always see God's path for me, but I know its there. I don't always see the twigs laying in my way, but I have the power to overcome them. I sometimes have to duck to stop from hitting my head on a branch, but I can get through them. And at times I feel as though I am sliding out of control on the side of a hill on slippery grass, yet I'm okay when I get through.

God knows my path.

He will see me safely through.

With all the twists and turns, He will guide me.

I can't thank everyone of you enough for the kind words of support and encouragement after my last post. You overwhelm me. To have you care that much is beyond words. I cried with each comment I read. You are the flowers blooming along my path. God bless you.

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;  guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5



9 comments:

Diane said...

Those things scare me. We have a cheapie that I like. Glad God knows my path too. :O)

Marissa said...

My son wants a riding lawnmower for Christmas...Ha! That post was beautiful and you are SO welcome for our comments- isn't that what bloggy friends are for?! Hang in there and your path will be all too clear!

Karen said...

Ha,ha...I can just see the phone grabbing, and bugs flying. That would be me. But was it fun?

I know I find security in knowing God knows my way, and is beside me. Blessings, friend.**

Karen said...

Ha,ha...I can just see the phone grabbing, and bugs flying. That would be me. But was it fun?

I know I find security in knowing God knows my way, and is beside me. Blessings, friend.**

Michelle DeRusha said...

I love that psalm -- I think about God's path for me a lot...I grapple with it, wondering if I am following it as He would want.

Way to go on mastering the rider mower -- I haven't even used our little push mower here!

Ashli said...

Love the analogy.

I told my husband that I will handle most inside chores, but he is stuck with the outdoors.

I am not a fan of mowing in 100 degree heat.

I also am not so great at straight lines, and since he is a perfectionist, my staying inside works out great! I do bring him Gatorade half way through though.

I love that blogger buddies are your flowers on the path, what a great word picture!

Annette said...

Hi, I found your blog from somewhere--another blog friend? Anyways, I love your theme, and I enjoyed reading this post. I have to give you lots of credit--I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable enough to try this type of mower...In any case, you do a great job comparing the path of the mower to your own path through God. Yes, sometimes you do have to duck underneath a few branches, etc., but ultimately, you are very right, He does know the path for us. I'm happy to be a new follower. It's nice to meet you!

Dorcas said...

So glad we know he is in control.

~blessings

Dorcas

Bina said...

...simply beautiful...