1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV) "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
This is my favorite time of year! I love Thanksgiving, I love the get togethers the food, the decorations, and most of all the fact that I am called out, even when it is hard, to give thanks. It isn't easy to thank God for everything every day, but amazing things do happen when we say "Thank you" to God for things that we don't necessarily see as a blessing.
I did that just this morning in fact. Our Angel Tree Project has been weighing me down a bit (lets blame the lack of posts in the past week on that!) and honestly I was developing a bad attitude towards it. So, this morning as I sat doing my devotions and I focused on this verse, I realized I do have to thank Him for all of the aspects of Angel Tree. And I started to cry. No matter how stressed I get, or how frustrated I am with circumstances, it is what He wants. It isn't about me. Its a beautiful program and if I can give it over to Him, He will do awesome things with it. He has already blessed families, and prisoners, and me with this opportunity.
Here are some other things I am thankful for this week:
- Health!! ( a huge one as I had two very sick children to start the week, lots of laundry!)
- A husband - I had to take care of them myself this one time, and I am so grateful that I am not always doing this alone. My heart goes out to single parents!
- Snuggles - kids are so snuggly when they are sick, can't get enough of that. Even if there is a bucket between us. :(
- A shower- yes, it was a huge blessing to be granted time to shower after not being able to leave my baby's side for more than a minute!
- Food- so much food is being prepared for tomorrow, we are blessed beyond measure
- Family and Friends- we get to host a large group and I couldn't be happier! You can never have too many people at the holidays! (unless you don't like any of them of course, and well, then I am sorry for you!)
- Church - I can't wait for tomorrow's service. The Thanksgiving service at Immanuel is always a favorite.
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, and if you have no one to share the day with, come on over! We'll have plenty of food!