Tuesday, October 13, 2009

If you know me...

If you know me well, or even just a bit, you may know after I share with you what I read this week, that I probably felt it speak to my very core. If you know how much I feared judgement when we terminated the placement of our foster girls, if you know how much I agonize over going in public some days, if you know how much I fear people will call me a bad mom when they see my kids misbehave in public (not that they would ever do that!), if you know how hard it is just for me to write on this blog assuming that no one really cares what I say, much less enjoy how its written, if you know how hard it is for me to meet new people because I have already pre-judged them thinking they are judging me,if you know how hard it was for me to write the last of the 5 words in this post, then you will know how deeply I needed this page in my devotion book. I think I may clip it and save it. and frame it maybe. on my bathroom wall. in poster size.
  • From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
  • Beware of seeing yourself through other people's eyes. There are several dangers to this practice. First of all, it is nearly impossible to discern what others actually think of you. Moreover, their views of you are variable: subject to each viewer's spiritual, emotional, and physical condition. The major problem with letting others define you is that it borders on idolatry.(never thought of it like that) Your concern to please others dampens your desire to please, Me, your Creator.(so, it isn't really about ME?!) It is much more real to see yourself through My eyes. My gaze upon you is steady and sure, untainted by sin. Through My eyes you can see yourself as one who is deeply, eternally, loved. Rest in My loving gaze, and you will receive deep Peace. Respond to My loving Presence by worshipping Me in spirit and in truth.
Praying for His Peace for you tonight, God is Good, All the Time,

1 comment:

Bina said...

Um, I honestly think that this should be a standard issue poster for all women!! Thank you for posting this...really really spoke to my heart because as much as it is you...it is also me. You and I, my friend, are so very much alike...and I love you all the more for it! :) When we gonna meet halfway for hot chocolate and muffins??